Friday, February 26, 2010

Guatemalan Icebox Cookies

So for a spanish project, I baked these foreign cookies. I followed the recipe I got off the internet just as it says. I included all ingredients it asked for. Like flour, egg, sugar, cocoa powder.

Black pepper, salt, cayenne pepper.

You know, the usual.

Here's some words people used to describe the taste:
dog food.
brick.
wood.
cookie?

I asked a friend to tell me about his cookie eating experience. He replied with "Well, I remember feeling happy. And then the cookie sucked it out of me. Like a dementor. Dementor cookies."

So there you have it folks. I have successfully produced a cookie equivalent to sucking the very souls out of peoples' bodies.

Strangely enough though, my mother loved them. And so did our dogs. But that could be because they apparently taste like dog food.


In case anyone is curious to make these cookies. Here's the recipe.
--> http://www.recipezaar.com/Guatemalan-Icebox-Cookies-199986

Or maybe I just messed up entirely. I'd love to know how it got such good ratings.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Katrina...your message was very helpful. We were going to make these cookies, also, for my 9 year old's Spanish project...however, we still have half a year of 4th grade...and I don't want her teacher and friends to have "the HAPPY sucked out of them!!!"

    Hug your Mom for me... only a Mother could like a cookie that her daughter makes that tastes like Puppy Chow!

    Actually, Steve didn't post this, it's just his computer...comments from Irene :)

    ReplyDelete