Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Garage Door Failure

Today was pretty unextraordinary with a few memorable occurrences.
I saw a movie unextraordinary
Went to taco bell unextraoridinary
Was nice to the guy at the drive thru window unextraordinary
Got a surprise free bag of cinnamon twists memorable
Almost played in the rain but didn't unextraordinary
Got the car out of the garage to go to Barnes and Noble most memorable experience of day

All i wanted to do was go to Barnes and Noble so i could have a nice atmosphere to do my punnett square biology homework. I get in my car (which was in the garage because it's raining very hard) and notice 'crap, I forgot to open the garage with the wall thingy. Oh well, I'll just press my garage opener in the car.' I press it once, absent-mindedly glance in the rear-view mirror to make sure it worked and glance away to do something else for a short time. Thinking the door must surely be up by then, I proceed to back out.
CRASH
Of course. Bad idea. I press the button again and the door creaks and moans as it goes all the way up. Sort of. I park my car in the driveway, in the pouring rain and inspect the stupid damage I managed to cause.

The door would not close. Shit! I couldn't just leave the stupid garage door open while it's pouring rain at night as my house is unguarded. Not to mention the stupid thing is broken and can never be closed again! So I go to work. The door is bent a little. So I try to pull it down, running back and forth between door and wall button to see the progress or lack thereof. After standing in front of it in dismay for a couple of minutes I notice the bolt that connects the wheel thing to the door so it can move up and down is out of place. I found the problem!
I go to it and wiggle it around, trying to put it back in the hole it broke loose of. No budge. I put the door as far up as it will go and get a ladder and some tool thing that I used for a hammer. Using my womanly intellect I managed to hit the thing out of place and then slam it back to proper position.
Success!! It worked! The door closed! I was very proud of myself for fixing the thing I so stupidly messed up in the first place. As I was just about to leave, my dad pulls up in the driveway and notices the door. I explain the whole shindig really quickly and tell him where I was planning to go. He says I shouldn't go anywhere because of the bad weather....

All of that. That ENTIRE struggle just to be told not to go anywhere??

I went anyway. And at that point I really could have gladly stayed home. But after everything I just did I was not about to just go back inside to have a whole 20 minutes of struggle and life wasted.

I went to Barnes and Noble for a good 30 minutes and did my stupid punnett squares unextraordinary

No comments:

Post a Comment